2. Loosen the 6 bolts holding the motor's plastic cover.
3. Slightly loosen the 1 screw holding the motor at the lowest position but do not pull it out!
4. Loosen and remove the two bolts holding the motor on the top positions.
5. Tilt the motor downwards.
6. Disconnect the speed sensor connector and the connector leading to the display.
7. Connect the SpeedBox2 to the disconnected connectors.
8. Put the SpeedBox2 into the frame tube.
9. Pivot the motor upward towards the frame.
10. Screw in the three bolts holding the motor and tighten them. Ideally, the torque wrench should be set to the torque specified on the bolt washer.
11. Put the motor's plastic cover on, and screw it back on with six bolts.
12. Put the battery back into the electric bike.
Operation of SpeedBox2 for Yamaha:
1. Turn on the electric bike.
2. Activation and deactivation is performed using the button for lighting located on the handlebars.
3. When you turn on the electric bike, the SpeedBox2 is always off.
4. The first time the lighting button is pressed, the current speed of 5.0 km/h will be displayed for three seconds on the display. This means that the device is active and your bike can go at speeds up to 50 km/h.
5. The second time the lighting button is pressed the display shows 2.5 km/h, which means that the SpeedBox2 is deactivated and motor support is only active up to a speed of 25 km/h.
1. Make sure that the use of SpeedBox products is not in conflict with the applicable legislation of the country in which you will use your electric bike.
2. Be aware of your surroundings when riding.
3. The manufacturer bears no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of SpeedBox and SpeedBox2 products.
4. Always wear a cycling helmet and other protective gear.
Although appearance is not very important for SpeedBox, we want it to excel among others and be among the designer pieces. Components made of high-quality material gives SpeedBox not only mechanical strength, durability and water resistance, but also an attractive appearance.
We use only electronic components of world's leading producers, during the production of SpeedBox. The processor is certified for the automotive industry, and the SpeedBox is tested several times during and after production to make sure you receive a reliable product.
We use the original keyed connectors to connect the SpeedBox to the electric bike, which are colour coded so you know exactly where to connect the connector. We've put together detailed instructions and videos which could help you easily install the SpeedBox by yourself.